1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Error message when trying to open any folder on my Desktop

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by brwneyez, 2010/11/13.

1. 2010/11/13
    brwneyez

brwneyez Inactive Thread Starter

I get the following error message when I try to open any folder on my desktop.

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

I also keep getting random pop up ads coming up on my computer. This all started happening after I downloaded a game online. I uninstalled this game but I am still having these problems. I did a spyware scan and found some errors that were removed but this still did not help with the problem.
    I did a search online about this error but I have not found anything that has helped my problem so far. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

2. 2010/11/13
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi brwneyez, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

It looks like your computer may be infected with malware.

Please read this post and post the required logs in a new thread in the Malware and Virus Removal Forum.

Also please enter your System Details. It helps us in answering your questions.

Note: A common error is to forget to show your System Details in your profile:

Make sure to do the above when entering your System Details, thanks.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/11/13
    brwneyez

brwneyez Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks. I will work on this and post in the other forum.

5. 2010/11/13
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Ok great.