1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

To admin or mods: I need an archived post edited.

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by goddez1, 2005/06/16.

1. 2005/06/16
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive Thread Starter

Hi to which ever member, with editing privilage, is reading this and coming to my rescue:

Can I get someon tot fix this blooper in an Archived or past post? I can't edit this myself since the post is archived or past my editing time limit (grace period). Some how a star symbol wound up in my reference and bolded text refering to recreating the desktop.ini the \fonts folder. See thread:
    http://www.windowsbbs.com/showpost.php?p=240951&postcount=10
    in past post of:
    http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?p=240986#post240986

The line should have been:

[.ShellClassInfo]
    UICLSID={BD84B380-8CA2-1069-AB1D-08000948F534}

No star symbol between the AB and 1D. I didn't put that in there. Any ideas how it got in there in the first place? I would be grateful if this could fixed before some member trys to use this as a fix. Thank you, thank you. :)

I wasn't exactly sure sure what the proper method is for such a request. I didn't know if an email was appropriate or even who to email with such a request. Arie? Forum Mods? That's why this request has found it's way to the General Forum. What should I have done when such an edit request is needed?

Last edited: 2005/06/16
  2. 2005/06/16
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Ann,

Done, please check.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/06/16
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive Thread Starter

Thank you very much PeteC. It has been fixed. I don't know if anyone will ever use that particular part of the post but I did not want to leave then scratching their head if they did. I still don't know how that asterisk got in there. :)