1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Taskbar colour change, no access to Norton, some progs and Internet]

Discussion in 'Malware and Virus Removal Archive' started by gwdihw, 2009/01/10.

1. 2009/01/10
    gwdihw

gwdihw Inactive Thread Starter

Hi

I'm having problems with my computer. It seems to be starting up normally, however when it loads the desk top screen the icons appear normal but the tool bar at the bottom has changed from blue to white. I can no longer access certain programmes or services such as Norton, the internet (i'm currently using my lap top for this), system restore or access help and service for troubleshooting. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. 2009/01/10
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Sounds like a malware issue,

Please read this and post the logs in the Malware and Virus Removal forum. I should add that the people in that forum can be quite busy at times but I'm sure your post will be picked up by one of the experts.

You may also wish to quote or link to this thread.

You'll probably have problems downloading the programs but read that post anyway and ask for help there.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/01/10
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Please observe Posting Rules #3 - Meaningful Subject - I have adjusted your title.
    Download on your laptop and transfer across to the main computer on a USB stick or similar.

5. 2009/01/10
    gwdihw

gwdihw Inactive Thread Starter

Just tried that. When I tried to run the programme i got a message Autolot error Line 1 Error: Incorect number of parameters in function call

6. 2009/01/10
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Thread moved to the Malware and Virus Removal forum