1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook 2003 [cannot receive]

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Anne, 2005/05/09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/06/06
    Anne

Anne Inactive Thread Starter

Daforce,

You are great!!! Thank you it worked!!! I finally have my Outlook 2003.

Thank you.

2. 2005/06/06
    DaForce

DaForce Inactive

Anne:
    Excellent news!!! Im glad it worked for you.

Not a problem, glad to help.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/07/09
    xxPaulCPxx

xxPaulCPxx Inactive

I've just run into this problem as well when migrating someone using the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard ". Their old system was Win ME, and the new one was XP SP2. Old Office was 97, new was 2003.

The mail server is a POP3 that is behind the firewall with the oher computers. When testing the connection, it gives a message saying the mail server isn't responding - I'll post my exact message later. The test message does go TO the email server though.

As for security, I manually gave the email account the password of "1234" so there would be no case sensitive issues. No encyption is needed either, in fact when comparing the outlook settings side by side on both computers, everything is EXACTY the same.

When I use Outlook Express or ANY other email client program, I have no problems sending or receiving mail. The Outlook on the old computer still sends and receives fine, it receives all the test messages sent by the Outlook 2003 machine!

Uninstalling and reinstalling both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002 had no effect on the problem.

The user account that was logged in was both a Domain Admin and a Local Administrator. I will try the changes mentioned here already - man this is a weird problem! I will also try to recreate this problem before re-running the migration tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.