1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

My Downloads stop in the middle

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by ndnguyen01, 2007/08/18.

1. 2007/08/18
    ndnguyen01

ndnguyen01 Inactive Thread Starter

Hi all.

I just reinstall my windows and i've been experiencing some trouble. Everytime when i dl something (big or small) it stops in the middle and would not finish. I would have to use a DL manager and stop and continue it for it to finish. I tried IE7 and Firefox. still same problem. Also, when i view youtube's video, similar thing happened, the video would not load, it stops randomly in the middle, refresh the page, still stops. Its driving me nuts.. I am using Windows XP Home, currently up to date, using windows defender, and Zone alarm security suite. I tried disabling zone alarm and windows defender, still didn't work. Please helpppppppppppp. :confused:

nD

2. 2007/09/04
    xerto1122

xerto1122 Inactive

Same problem here

Having the exact same problem, downloads won't finish, youtube and other streaming video won't complete and then when I try to refresh won't load at all.
    Only difference with me is I was having these issues before I formatted, I cleared my drive hoping it would put an end to this dilemma but no such luck.

Shame no one has posted any suggestions as I am nearly at my wits end with this stuff.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/09/06
    mailman Lifetime Subscription

mailman Geek Member

Hi, ndnguyen01 and xerto1122. Welcome to Windows BBS! :)

I Googled "Downloads stop in the middle" streaming video and got one search result which led me to the following thread at webhostingtalk.com (which might help you solve your problem).
    The problem might be with the YouTube (and other streaming video hosting sites) server end of the connection so you might need to contact YouTube support about the issue.

EDIT:
    This recent YouTube thread here at Windows BBS might get you going in the right direction too.

Last edited: 2007/09/06