1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Youtube Problem

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by milengua, 2007/08/18.

1. 2007/08/18
    milengua

milengua Inactive Thread Starter

I'm using Win XP Pro, 256Meg RAM, SP1...not installed properly & a Pent III in a Dell XPS T450.........

I get about 60% of my videos loaded & if I load into my Favorites the next time half will load.....theonly consistant monitor I get is a setting problem in the PRIVACY tab of internet options.....I made changes then put them back when it didn't work........I haven't made changes nor installed anything for at least 3 weeks....& my record for all youtube videos was 100 %.....The Favorite videos I've had loaded from over 6 weeks that were always OK all of a sudden stop working about 10 days ago..... That's it in a nutshell....there's more but I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible....I MADE NO CHANGES WHEN THIS STARTED it's on their end....they did something....so just don't go crazy making all kinds of changes & then go more crazy to put them back (unless you know to write you're changes as you do them) without THINKING, GET INFO 1st, & then CONCLUDE it's their Mess UP

.... JOE ..

2. 2007/08/19
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

Welcome to the BBS! It's not often someone takes a year to make their first post! :D

Are you saying that YouTube is responsible for a problem you had? Is the problem resolved? What makes you think it was YouTube when:
    Why are you not using SP2? What does "not installed properly" mean? You are probabky overworking your hardware with XP Pro. Did you do an upgrade at some point?
    Let us know if there is something we can do to help. I'm not sure I understand if you were asking a question or giving us a warning.
    Johanna

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/08/28
    milengua

milengua Inactive Thread Starter

YouTube Re: Johanna

I was giving my system info when I started my post about my problem
    with YouTube.....I still do not have it resolved......I was only stating that I
    had not made any changes nor upgrades when a lot of the videos stopped
    loading....including videos that were in my Favorites & working fine before
    this intermittent problem started happening.....Anytime I make a change, add
    programs or upgrade I've been keeping a log for more than 2 years.....The
    only thing that's updated & not logged are my Avast anti virus & Spyware
    Terminator programs.......If I were overworking my hardware the problem to
    me would have started a long time ago....1 day Youtube loads everything &
    the next day I was having problems.....that's why I think the problem is on
    their end.....in addition I've been reading a lot of other people having the
    same video loading problem I have.....

Joe

5. 2007/08/29
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Video load issues w/ youtube are generally caused by:
    1. Internet connection slows due to isp or misconfigured networking in the local comp.
    2. Flash (get latest version of Flash from adobe).
    3. missing dependencies: Updated Flash may require updated browsers. If use IE then minimumly use IE6SP1 or IE7. If use Firefox then minimum should be 2.0 version. And stable operation of updated browsers REQUIRES XP SP2.

6. 2007/08/29
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

Recently YouTube posted a "Beta" version of its pages, and I can't get it to work in IE6 at all. The error message says I have Java turned off, or that I need the latest Flash Player, but I have Java on, and version 9 of Adobe Flash. If I leave the Beta page and take the old style, YouTube works fine. Hope this helps.
    Johanna