1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Vista Can't re-activate Windows Vista!

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Evan Omo, 2008/09/28.

1. 2008/09/28
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff Thread Starter

Hi. I turned on my Vista Ultimate computer today and clicked my user account. Before my destop loaded I got this lovely message saying that I need to activate windows. What the heck? :confused: Activate windows? Are you serious? My computer has been activated since I bought Vista 1 and a half years ago. How did Vista just decide that my computer wasn't activated? When I click Activate Windows, it fails and I get error code OXCOO4EOO3. When I click more information about the error code it says The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. I ended up recovering from reduced functionality mode by starting up Windows explorer but I can't re-activate windows. Could I have been hit by a virus that caused this problem to happen? The only thing I changed on my computer two days ago when it was working fine was that I installed a game called Microsoft Tinker from Windows Update. Should I call Microsoft and tell them what happened or is there another solution to get my system re-activated? Out of all the weird and puzzling errors that I have seen on a Windows system I have never seen a computer just un activate itself. :mad:

2. 2008/09/28
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

Admin. and Evan Omo like this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/09/28
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff Thread Starter

Thanks for the link Mitchell. Read through it and was able to perform a system restore two 2 days ago. I just finished re-updating my security software since I had to do it again. Windows shows its been activated so I hope I won't have this problem again. Its still very puzzling why this problem happened in the first place. Anyway my system is back up and all is well. :)

5. 2008/09/28
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

Glad to here you got it fixed.