1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Your Screen Display.

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by Kingman, 2006/03/05.

1. 2006/03/05
    Kingman

Kingman Well-Known Member Thread Starter

You used to show the date of a subject; now you show it as a number of days or weeks ago. Showing the date lets us know where we left off. You used to show the beginning of the message in a yellow box when the pointer moved across it; now we have to open it to see if we're interested. Would you please consider going back to how it was? Unless too many people post here saying they like the new way, of course.

2. 2006/03/05
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

I can't help you with the time and date thing but you should be able to get the little preview of the message back yourself. Click the UserCP button at the top left of this page. Then, on the left side of the page click "edit options ". In the next window scroll to the section titled "thread display options" and look for this. It's the last one in that section.

Make sure yes is selected.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/03/06
    Kingman

I followed all those steps, and Yes is selected. Now scroll down this page to "Similar Threads." Roll over a subject and the yellow preview box comes up. And it shows the date of the last post. That's what we had on all pages, and I'm wishing we could get back. (That color scheme is a little hard to read, eh?)

5. 2006/03/06
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Everyting you mention are options in your profile. Check out Edit Profile & Edit Options.

6. 2006/03/06
    Kingman

Okay, now I have the preview box. Thanks.

7. 2006/03/08
    mailman Lifetime Subscription

mailman Geek Member

THANKS, Arie. The "X Days Ago" date format has bugged me for months. I never found the toggle because it is in Edit Profile (at the bottom of that page) instead of Edit Options.

I had (wrongly) assumed the date format was an administrator preference and, as such, decided to let you have it "the way you want it" instead of asking for the date format to be changed. Kingman, thanks for speaking up.

It seems the VBulletin programmers should have logically placed that toggle in Edit Options instead of Edit Profile because the date display format has nothing to do with my personal information in my profile. It's no wonder to me why I never found the toggle. :)

I chose the Normal display for the Date Format at the bottom of the Edit Profile page (in the "Additional Information" section) and all is well (after being forced to enter my date of birth).

Thanks again!

Last edited: 2006/03/08