1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Yahoo Mail For iPhone Privacy Concern

Discussion in 'Web Applications & Cloud' started by sniper9228, 2022/01/30.

?

Do you feel this is an invasion of privacy?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 2022/01/30
    sniper9228

sniper9228 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Can anyone look at the screenshot and tell me if this could be an invasion of privacy? I have the mobile app (Yahoo Mail) for iPhone. I could have posted a person's individual contact as an example but I want to respect privacy so I posted a general contact as the example.

At the bottom of the screen, it shows who that contact "frequently emailed". I don't want others to know who I am emailing.

Attached Files:

2. 2022/01/30
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Probably no different than a email program on a PC that will add a reply to contact to your contacts list. But, a good lawyer should be able to answer your question better than we can. And don't believe that everything you do on your phone or PC isn't stored someplace by somebody. Just like a secret, as soon as you tell the first person, it isn't a secret any more. Just my humble but honest opinion.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2022/01/31
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Who for example has access to your phone that would see the info?

Where does that screen show up? Does it show up when you click on the Yahoo Email icon?

5. 2022/02/01
    sniper9228

sniper9228 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I am the only one who has access to my phone. It shows up when I click on an individual contact on the contacts section of the app. Yahoo mail for iPhone.

In the image, the Amazon contact is obviously not mine in the photo but it shows that they frequently email billing and Jamie.

My concern is that I do not want others to know who I email simply by viewing my contact on Yahoo Mail app for iPhone. (Frequently Emailed)

6. 2022/02/01
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Has this always appeared as has it just started?

7. 2022/02/02
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I would suggest using the stock iphone email app or another email app rather than an app provided by yahoo or any big email provider. Get a basic email app without all the bells and whistles which connect to other cloud apps and services.