1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

XP Help and Support not working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stumpy1j, 2004/01/26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/01/26
    stumpy1j

stumpy1j Inactive Thread Starter

I recently tried XP help amd support but nothing happens when I open it , no hourglass or anything . It is set to automatic in services, but no go. I do not use easy cleaner, as the patch etc made no change. I have not been able to restore this feature. Can I download a fix for this? Seems to be missing completely. I am running Xp Home.
    Thanks for your help

2. 2004/01/26
    Abraxas

Abraxas Inactive

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/01/26
    stumpy1j

stumpy1j Inactive Thread Starter

Tried it , no difference. Still no response from the help and support icon. Thanks anyway.

5. 2004/01/26
    Abraxas

Abraxas Inactive

6. 2004/01/27
    Lernin

Lernin Inactive

Hi Stumpy1j

Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work: Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver

To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

the easiest way click on this link
    http://www.kellys-kornor-xp.com/regs_edits/helpsvc.reg

Hope this can help:D :D

7. 2004/02/24
    marty39

marty39 Inactive

I have the same problem only with extras! I can't even try Lernin's suggestion, because Start/Run doesn't work either. Neither does Start/Search. All the other Start Menu items seem to work ... in fact, I got Help and Support to come up through Event Viewer, but the Start Menu still won't bring it up. How can I fix that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.