1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved windows7 network windows xp

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by bobm735, 2011/07/04.

1. 2011/08/10
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Perhaps best to mark this thread as unresolved, other networking gurus may then be more inclined to look in?

2. 2011/08/10
    LumberGumRubber

LumberGumRubber Well-Known Member

Well, I kind of was hoping (and still am) that some expert might rumble in here before marking anything solved or unresolved. The latter hadn't really crossed my mind a whole bit. If you wish wildfire, mark it unresolved. I'd say it was half solved - half not. :-}

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/08/10
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

I can't LGR, that's Bobm's call he marked it resolved a little premature if you ask me but he can easily reverse that decision by following the instructions in my earlier post.

5. 2011/08/10
    LumberGumRubber

If we could do anything to draw more attention to this thread, I'd say go for it. Retitle it "Laptop burst into ball of huge flame because of Network Magic" --- or something like "Network Magic logs onto computers at the Pentagon" ................ maybe some of the other cowboys on here would come aboard!!!?

6. 2011/08/10
    bobm735

bobm735 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I installed network magic 4.9 Home network windows 7 and 2 other computers windows xp I can see all computers on my network but one windows xp computer says I do not have permission to view folders. I contact network magic support and they went on each computer by remote and they said the problem was with with the windows xp computer that says I need permission to view but they could not fix problem.

7. 2011/08/10
    LumberGumRubber

Bob, what you have to do is follow Wildfire's advice - go to the top and fix this thread so it does not read "resolved" --- as long as it is seen that way, no one is going to come in on it. Follow his instructions a couple postings back and that way, you're bound to get help on this. :)

8. 2011/08/10
    bobm735

I can't find were to mark it unsolved , I went to top of page and took the check mark out of solved and it said unsolved but I did that before I hope it's right now, thank you

9. 2011/08/10
    LumberGumRubber

You got it where it should be Bob - unresolved. Hopefully someone that thinks they have the solution will gallop in here. Keep me posted as to how you make out with this.

(Please type slowly in all responses so all replies can be read and understood)

10. 2011/08/11
    bobm735

this is the error message I get when I try to view windows xp from windows 7 Home networking .

xp-ntbk\shareddocs is not accesible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have acess permissions.

Not enough server storge is available to process this command

11. 2011/08/11
    LumberGumRubber

Bob - I would be stumped of course. I am disappointed that nobody on this forum has a clue as to your problem. This apparently should have no *networking* title here, for no body is able or will help you out.
    You're going to have to go to Network Magic's own forum - there you'll find someone intelligent enough and willing to help you out. Here's the site ---

http://forums.purenetworks.com/

Again, for the sake of knowing, post it here on this forum your outcome. Over on that forum, you'll get the help you're looking for.

12. 2011/08/11
    bobm735

I already talk to network magic support they went on my computer with remote and they could not fix the problem.

13. 2011/08/11
    LumberGumRubber

That's ok Bob - more times than not, you'll find the help on the proper forum. Tear over to this forum site I previously gave you - register on there and then post your problem. You'll get the help you're looking for.
    I'm going to give you a video that might help you - let me see if I can pick out of the list here the proper one - let me know how you do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc

14. 2011/08/11
    bobm735

I had network magic support go on my computer with there remote and they could not fix problem here is the error message I get when I try to view xp computer on home networking.

xp-ntbk\shareddocs is not accesible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have acess permissions.

Not enough server storge is available to process this command

15. 2011/08/12
    LumberGumRubber

Understood Bob. Follow above advice and video of troubleshooting with Network Magic. Please advise as to how you do *after* following the directions I'm giving you in the previous posting.

16. 2011/08/12
    ephemarial

ephemarial Well-Known Member

Hi

Not familiar with network magic so can’t help you there.

Have you checked the Event Viewer for a more detailed explanation and Event ID?

I've run across your error a few times.
    A register tweak on the XP fixed it.

Look at this:
    support microsoft

Antivirus isn’t the only cause of problem but fix is the same.
    Use a value of 25 for IRPStackSize.

Hopefully that'll do it.

17. 2011/08/12
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

If sharing between XP & Windows 7 as a workgroup, i.e.you are NOT using Windows 7 Homegroup, then:

If password-protected sharing is turned on, the person you want to share with must have a user account and password on your computer for full access to shared items.

You will need to create a user account on all computers for each of the other computers. For example, on the XP computer, create a user account for the Win 7 computer using the same name and password as used to logon to Win 7. And vice-verse, for all other computers.

18. 2011/08/12
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Nice comment! :mad:

There are several people trying to help, and I'm going to offer something too. I for one don't always have time to follow every thread on the forum.

19. 2011/08/12
    Arie

That's a clue.

See here: Antivirus software may cause Event ID 2011

Follow the steps to increase the IRPStackSize in Windows XP's registry.

PS I note that ephemarial has given this suggestion above. I should have read the 2nd page before answering :eek:

20. 2011/08/12
    bobm735

all I no is I got a mess here and don't no what to do. I took network magic off all my computers and now when I go to networking in windows xp and click on view all network groups I get a error , You might not have permission to use this network resource.

21. 2011/08/13
    Arie

Start with the instructions I posted above.