1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows update ????

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by yogi, 2002/01/13.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/13
    yogi

yogi Guest Thread Starter

Could someone pls. help me here.

I just installed Win2K pro (clean install) and wanted to go update my version plus i.e 6 upgrade and DirectX 8 via internet connection. I found out that a lot of things vere missing in my installation, so I decided to go ahead and install the missing bits and pieces.

But NO-WAY it just wont do it. I hit D/L and after a little while it just comes back and tells me that it's unable to do so. Has it got anything to do with administrator rights and if so what do I do then, or what's going on ????

YOGI

:confused:

yogi,
  2. 2002/01/14
    Bursley

Bursley Well-Known Member Alumni

You must be an administrator to install anything from the Windows update site
    Also, (as I just found out this past weekend), you will need to visit that site quite a few times and have several reboots before getting all of the updates.
    I wish they could just role all of the updates and service packs into one big download, but I guess they couldn't do that many.. :p

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.