1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows switching themselves?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PhilS, 2013/08/14.

1. 2013/08/15
    PhilS

PhilS Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Naw, I may try and have him fix some future problem and better not "irritate" him now! NOT that he'd be able to help, but for what he gets paid I try and get some value from him.

This is the same tech guy that donated a "tablet worth $300" at our convention a few months ago. I won it. And I saw it today on 1saleaday.com for $40. And it was opened, but he said "... I wanted to make sure it worked before donating it... ". Can you spell r-e-g-i-f-t?

Too bad Arie didn't come to our convention! ;)

Phil

2. 2013/08/15
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

OMG, you don't mean "dopo" 7-inch tablet? Walmart had 'em "on sale for only $59!" Worthless junk. Heck, I even tried to throw it away and the garbage men threw it back in my yard.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/08/16
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Isn't the registry fun. Ya gotta love it.

5. 2013/08/16
    masterroming

masterroming Well-Known Member

Agreed, until of course someone messes with and subsequently corrupts it... And then turns and looks at you, as if to say... 'No idea, just turned it on one day and... Can YOU fix it???' :D Then my feelings for the registry are... Changeable at best!

6. 2013/08/16

All these years messing with it haven't had a problem. Yet!

7. 2013/08/16
    masterroming

masterroming Well-Known Member

Neither have I, but it's easy to get fed up when other people, who don't know what their even doing, tinker about and corrupt it. And then it's normally me being the go-to 'fix-guy'...

8. 2013/08/16

Same thing here the go to fix it guy.

9. 2013/08/27
    PhilS

OK, the problem ISN'T fixed. It still snaps to the email window when an email arrives. I guess that's the only window that steals focus.

And I guess I CAN live with it unless someone offers another suggested fix.

And I don't know what to do with that little cheap tablet. If I give it to the youngest grandkid, it'd be antiquated by the time she could learn to use it (a year or two), but I can't think of any other use. The older grandkids have more advanced handhelds already.

I have an Acer Iconia with Win8.1 and DW has an older Android 2 Velocity that still beats this cheapo Android 4 tablet in any way measurable, so neither of us can figure out how to repurpose this one.

Thanks again for the help here, even IF my email window is gonna act that way.

NOW.... while I was typing this message, my email button started blinking and it DIDN'T bring up the screen. So it only does this sometimes?!

Phil

10. 2013/08/28

11. 2013/08/28
    PhilS

No, LJ, I hadn't seen that. Guess I need to explore Win7 some more.

I checked the box. I'll be back to report (and hopefully remark this thread as solved) after I try that setting for a day or two.

Phil