1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Live Mail can't open or send

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by musicteacher, 2014/12/09.

1. 2014/12/09
    musicteacher

musicteacher Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My HP computer is 3 years old, has Windows 7, and uses Windows Live Mail. For the last 3 months, whenever I open Live Mail, all my email appears, but when I double-click on an email, it won't open. Also, I cannot send an email. I changed the way the window appears so that to the right of the list of email, I can read the email in a window. However, I can't send or forward anything.

On this computer, we have 3 profiles set up: one for me, one for the husband, and one for the kids. The email is working fine for husband and kids. It's just doing this on my profile.

Our internet provider is called Frontiernet, and they have a website where I can go to read and send email, so when I want to send an email, I have to go to the website, log in, and then send it through there. It is very time consuming, and I'd like to be able to quickly send an email the way I used to.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Betsy

2. 2014/12/10
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi musicteacher, I found this as a remedy for a couple of users with a similar problem to yours:
    1) Click START... 2) Click ALL PROGRAMS... 3) Right Click WINDOWS LIVE MAIL... 4) Left Click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..
    Let's know if it works for you. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/12/10
    musicteacher

musicteacher Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I tried your instructions, but it didn't make any difference. It acts like when I double-click on an email, it is opening but I can't see it, or it's way off to the side and I can't see it.

After I double-click on an email, and if I run my courser near the bottom of the screen to where the icon for mail is, a small picture of my email shows, but I can't seem to see it large on the screen. If I click on it, it shows very faint and quickly zipping off to the right side of my monitor, like it's hidden on the side.

Betsy

5. 2014/12/10
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have you tried making a new profile/account for yourself? What version of WLM are you using?

6. 2014/12/10
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Betsy, Have you tried a Repair of WLM? I found this:Fix for repairing Windows Live Mail that actually works
    it was NOT in my programs and features...
    That's right "Windows Live Mail" is not listed separately in Programs and Features. "Windows Live Essentials" is listed. That is what you highlight and click "uninstall/change" at the top to get the repair dialog. The repair actually applies to all the installed components of the Essentials package, including Mail.
    This fixed the problem for this guy. Also MS "Mr Fixit" may be your answer. Neil.