1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Windows Defender usually does not work

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Markala, 2010/01/05.

1. 2010/01/10
    pcbugfixer

pcbugfixer Inactive

Markala,

Who and what are you replying to ??

pcbugfixer ;)

2. 2010/01/11
    Markala

Markala Inactive Thread Starter

I'm sorry, I thought I was replying to BobbyScot as the information he gave me was wrong. Please forgive my mistake.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/01/11
    Markala

I thought I replied to this before, but perhaps I made a mistake. I do not know what a CC cleaner is. Can you please tell me? Thank you.

5. 2010/01/11
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

What another user of this forum tells you doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the forum. As you can see, BobbyScot has been a member only since Sept. '09 and has 32 posts so far.... it's just a matter of who you trust to give you the right information.

6. 2010/01/11
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

As has been pointed out, this information is totally inaccurate. Windows 7 is available in both 32 and 64 bit.

7. 2010/01/11
    cozzielex

cozzielex Inactive

Markala, Stick with us, as I posted to you above, if something is wrong or ambiguous someone will come along and chip in.

MBAM as freeware is NOT real time. CC cleaner can be downloaded from Piriform (http//:www.ccleaner.com/ ) it's freeware and like I say it cleans out the trash i.e all the temp stuff etc. It gives you the options for clearance and has several other functions. Try it out and see what you think.

As to Defender download page:-
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en)
    the main download is 32-bit. If you scroll down the page (in fact directly below) you will see the heading Overview; para3 gives you the 64-bit link,
    Good Luck & hang in there.

8. 2010/01/11
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member

I purchased my Windows Vista to Windows 7 from the makers of my Compac Presario computer. I can assure readers in my case, that computer is running in Windows 7 at 64 bit. I have no doubt in other cases where other users of Windows 7 are running in 32 bit, this can be due to the specification of the individual computer. There is software available that advises if a specific computer is able to run Windows 7 in the first place.

9. 2010/01/11
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member

It is only fair to warn when using CCcleaner being a reliable piece of software and certainly does what it says it can do.
    However!, at each use, it warns the software is best for the advanced users, and to delete hilited entries with caution, as steps taken can not be reversed.
    When using CCcleaner, remember to be cautious and if not one hundred per cent sure, ignore that entry.
    As I have already said, CCcleaner is a well written piece of software if handled with caution.

10. 2010/01/13
    jjxtrotter

jjxtrotter Inactive

You can use microsoft security essential (mse) to replace the Windows Defender. It has all the funtions that Windows Defender has.

11. 2010/01/14
    Markala

Thank you

Thanks jjxtrotter, you are giving me good input because I've already switched over and I like mse.

12. 2010/01/14
    Markala

Thank you

Thanks Arie, I was giving some thought to emailing you and asking if most of the guys that say things on this forum know what they are talking about, so your email to me is greatly appreciated. I think what I need to do is listen to the information given to me but investigate it before putting it into action.