1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

windows 8.1 passwords not accepted, local or microsoft

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Davidlike, 2015/04/06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2015/04/06
    Davidlike

Davidlike Inactive Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire ES1-512-C5YW, with windows 8.1 . It will NOT accept my passwords, Local and Microsoft. I can open my microsoft account on my second computer, they share the same account. But the Acer keeps saying I am entering the wrong username or password.
    Can I source a cd to re program without losing existing files?
    Thanks

2. 2015/04/06
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Davidlike, Welcome to Windowsbbs! :)

Do you have just one user account on the machine? If so then this is as far as we go on this topic, What to do if you forget your Windows password.

If the procedure above doesn't help then unfortunately we cannot help you retrieve missing or forgotten passwords.

From our Posting Rules which you agreed to when you signed up:

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/04/06
    Davidlike

Davidlike Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I understand and appreciate your stance on hackers trying to break passwords etc. My problem is not forgotten passwords. It is a problem of my acer not accepting my known to be correct passwords. As I wrote earlier, I have another computer running on Windows 8. They share my same microsoft account and previously opened with the same password for the microsoft account. They have different local passwords, the Acer is not responding to that either.
    I was hoping to find someone who had experience with this particular problem.
    I thank you for your time however.

5. 2015/04/06
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Well I could help you on this matter but we have strict rules that we need to enforce so I am afraid we cannot provide assistance on password related problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.