1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 8.1 Facebook

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Fredb38, 2013/12/18.

1. 2013/12/18
    Fredb38

Fredb38 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

When logging in the facebook through firefox my password is remembered.
    When logging in using Windows 8.1 facebook Apps I must enter my password every time.
    Is there a way to make Windows 8.1 facebook App remember my password?

2. 2013/12/18
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Fredb38, I would imagine this is part of the Security of W8/8.1. You may have to do the "Google" on this one. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/12/18
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Don't you need a Microsoft account to login to these preinstalled apps?

5. 2013/12/19
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I found this but I would caution against this practice. When thinking security, most people don't consider what might happen if a badguy breaks into your home and steals your computer. But they should. "Physical security" is just as important as network security.

If Windows is set to remember your passwords, then someone stealing your computer, or sitting down at your desk when you are away, may have total access to your accounts.

Bill,
  6. 2013/12/22
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

I agree with Bill. After some research, I discovered that programs like RoboForm can safely manage your app passwords instead of relying on Windows. You can use the program for free for up to ten passwords. I have included some instructions for using RoboForm with Windows 8 apps.

Select RoboForm - Options - Applications integration and make sure that the option "Automatically attach to Windows Applications" is enabled.

Open the application form, click RoboForm Taskbar Icon -> Show Toolbar, the toolbar should be attached to the bottom of the login screen. Click Save, It should offer to fill in your details and save a login

Next time you open the application, RoboForm Toolbar should attach to the login form. If it failed, please click RoboForm Taskbar Icon -> Show Toolbar. Click the Matching Passcards button, RoboForm will fill in the password and will click the Submit button.​

7. 2013/12/23
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

LastPass, Password Safe and KeePass Password Safe are also good, *FREE* and have no limits. I've been using SplashID Password Manager for more than 10 years. It syncs my passwords between the safe on my computer and the safe on my PDA/smartphone.

The advantage of any of these is you only have to remember one password, then one to get into the password safe. I use mine to store all my passwords, PINs, credit card numbers, SSNs, and more. Most will auto-generate very strong passwords so you can have a unique PW for every site you visit.

Bill,
  8. 2013/12/23
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

When you come here, is your password and stuff remembered?