1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 10 Upgrade Reservation and Information

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Evan Omo, 2015/06/01.

1. 2015/06/05
    Alpha_and_Omega

Alpha_and_Omega Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if we'll be able to install Win10 to another drive? I have Win7, Win8(8.1) each on there own partition and I don't want to lose then, so I'd like to put Win10 on another drive...
    Also can it be saved somehow as an iso or will we have to wait?

2. 2015/06/05
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff Thread Starter

Yes you will be able to install Windows 10 on its own hard drive.

You will have to wait until Microsoft makes the Windows 10 ISO's available for download.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/06/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Alpha_and_Omega, Like Evan said - it will install on an empty HDD. I have 2 comps (Gigabyte M/B in one and Asus in this one). I have installed W10 Insider Preview Evaluation Build10130 on both with clean HDD's.
    I have been through most of the Build updates provided by MS and it's been flawless so far.
    I've installed some of my usual Software on the drives and all work OK. I've even got the Trial MS Word 2016 installed and it works great. Neil.

5. 2015/06/06
    psaulm119 Lifetime Subscription

psaulm119 Geek Member

The problem with rolling back from a Windows 10 install is that 10 never installed properly--and my whatever was running on my display said that it wasn't able to properly roll back to windows 7 (what was on the laptop before). Fortunately, this was after a decision to reinstall Windows 7 anyways (so it was going to be done, regardless). But I'm not sure I want to risk another reinstall of Win7 and my progs, unless Windows 10 has been refined a bit. I'll do it via the update cycle that everyone is talking about, so (theoretically) if it borks, I can simply roll back the update.

But I'll wait a few months, for as many glitches to be taken out, before I take the plunge. Take the plunge I will, but I'll wait a while--perhaps during a vacation.