1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Window 7 install problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Madtbone, 2009/01/11.

1. 2009/01/11
    Madtbone

Madtbone Inactive Thread Starter

I tried to install windows 7 beta from Microsoft on my computer today and it got almost done before it reverted back to Vista SP1. It says my computer is not compatible for Windows 7. I know it is I have a 2.4 duo core 6600 with 4 gigs of ram, radeon 1650 video card plus more and can't figure why it won't install. Anyone out there have any ideas? I tried it twice.

Thanks,
    Ted Terrebonne

2. 2009/01/11
    humblejerome

humblejerome Inactive

Try doing a clean install instead of upgrading.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/01/11
    Madtbone

Madtbone Inactive Thread Starter

thanks

5. 2009/01/13
    xpslayer

xpslayer Inactive

I had the same problem with it going most of the way then hanging and then doing a roll back. That is not the only problem I've had with trying to install Windows 7 though. I decided to try a clean install on a brand new hdd but when trying to do that I get to the press any key to boot from CD/DVD then it loads files and then I get to the install button click on it and then I get an error message that says OSImage / install.wim not found. I decided to try and trick it and did a clean install of Vista 64 and then put the Windows 7 DVD in and tried to do a clean install that way. Well it worked but not very well when trying to do a Windows update it hangs during install of the Sil 3132 PCIE card drivers and never finishes the update and I can not get any Anti-virus apps to install at all. So last night I decided to try a clean install another way so I put the Windows 7 DVD in the drive on my Vista 64 and tried to install it onto the formated blank hdd it went through just fine but it was cross linked to my Vista hdd when booting up I got a menu in the bios to choose either Windows 7 or Vista when booting. So I backed up the stuff I wanted to keep on my Vista hdd and then deleted and reformatted the partition with Win 7 on it and luckily it didn't Bork my Vista drive also.

Does any one know how to get around the OSImage / install.wim error so I can do a clean install ??????

OK here is my system specs.

AMD64 AM2 5000+ Black Edition 2.6GHz not over clocked stock speed
    4GB DDR2 800 stock speed
    Bio star AM2+ NF720A mobo
    1. 1TB Seagate 32mb cache hdd
    1. 500GB WD 32mb cache hdd with Vista 64bit installed
    1. 250GB Seagate 16mb cache hdd = Trying to install Win 7 on it
    1. 300GB Maxtor 16mb cache hdd with XP Pro 32 bit installed
    1. Sil 3132 SATALink Controller PCIE card
    1. Sil 3512 SATALink Controller PCI card
    1. Sil 3114 SATALink Controller PCI card
    3. Samsung SH-S203B DVD drives
    1. Samsung SH-S223F DVD drive

6. 2009/01/13
    humblejerome

humblejerome Inactive

Avira AntiVir Personal Free Antivirus works fine in windows 7, I can't help you with the other issues.