1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Win32.Vibpack Worm

Discussion in 'Malware and Virus Removal Archive' started by DapperDan, 2005/08/16.

1. 2005/08/16
    DapperDan

DapperDan Inactive Thread Starter

Hey there, I'm new to this forum and I'm really not all that good with computers. I was hoping someone could help me with a dillema I'm having with this worm thingy. I just downloaded Avast and it said to put it in the chest, then it restarted and it came up with a selection of things to do with the infection. I deleted it, but when I check the Chest in Avast its there. Can it get out? Is it still affecting the computer? Thanks a lot for any help! Cheers

2. 2005/08/16
    Geri Lifetime Subscription

Geri Inactive Alumni

Hi DapperDan, Welcome !
    I don't use AVast, but I'm guessing that "the chest" is a Quarantine? and no it can not get out "if" in fact it is in quatantine.
    You should be able to manage the worm....delete,clean from there.

There are some here that use AVast, so they will be able to help you out better then I can.
    Someone will post to anwser your questions that use AVast, give them a little time :)
    Geri

Last edited: 2005/08/16
    Geri,

3. to hide this advert.