1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

win32 Generic Host error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rony, 2006/10/22.

1. 2006/10/22
    rony

rony Inactive Thread Starter

ok guys like 3-4 days i started getting this error "Win32 generic host error" as soon as the error appears and i click to continue my audio device no longer works and my network cuts off, if it happened once every few hours i wouldnt mind but it happens every 30mins, i can barely do anything with this problem as my internet runs through a network and so does my xbox live,also this happened after i uninstalled my norton antivirus, but ive already formatted and i still get the error,ill post the events here and if some1 could please help me i'd really appreciate it.thanks in advance.

Error 1 is:

Event Type:Error
    Event Source:W32Time
    Event Category:None
    Event ID: 17
    Date:22/10/2006
    Time:10:03:02 PM
    User:N/A
    Computer:RONY
    Description:
    Time Provider NtpClient: An error occurred during DNS lookup of the manually configured peer 'time.windows.com,0x1'. NtpClient will try the DNS lookup again in 15 minutes. The error was: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. (0x80072751)

2nd Error is:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: W32Time
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 29
    Date: 22/10/2006
    Time: 10:03:02 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: RONY
    Description:
    The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 14 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

rony,
  2. 2006/10/22
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/10/22
    Bill Castner

Bill Castner Inactive

As a hunch repair your Winsock service stack:

If using XP Service Pack 2:
    Start, Run, CMD
    netsh winsock reset

Wait for a prompt to restart your computer. Restart your computer.

Otherwise:

Download and run WinsockFix by Option^Explicit: http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip