1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Win10 slow boot up

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mindplay45, 2016/01/14.

1. 2016/01/22
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

How is the computer running now? Is everything working better?

If so then instead of simply unchecking the items in Autoruns on the Logon Tab, you can delete the items permanently if you no longer will need those items running on startup that you unchecked.

2. 2016/01/22
    mindplay45

mindplay45 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi Evan, thanks very much for all your help my laptop going along fine with those Autoruns items unticked. How do I permanently delete them.. But the issue is still there 2mins 11seconds to boot to the desktop. I am not sure what the optimal time is, but this seems a long time.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/22
    Evan Omo

To remove an item in Autoruns, highlight it and click the red delete icon in the program toward the top of the window.

Have you noticed any increase in performance? Did you follow all of my steps that I posted in my tutorial and did you disable any unneeded Windows services using Black Vipers services guide?

5. 2016/01/22
    mindplay45

mindplay45 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have followed all your steps. But I am still to go and look at Black Viper, thanks for the remineder. Will let you know what happens.

6. 2016/01/22
    Evan Omo

Ok sounds good. If you have any questions about certain Windows services then feel free to ask me before disabling anything that you are unsure of.