1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Win 7 won't load

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JAK, 2018/01/07.

1. 2018/01/07
    JAK

JAK Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My friend has a Win 7, HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop, upgraded from XP. AMD 64, 2 gb RAM. It has run fine for a long time. DVD broke so it's not even in the tray...he used an external usb dvd.
    Laptop now won't load to Windows screen.

Boots up and I went to f8 page. Tried to enter Safe Mode and every other option on that page with nothing. It always goes to Windows Error Recovery page. I click on the Launch Startup Repair option and it comes back
    Page fault in nonpaged area Stop: (0x00000050, 0x88CC0000, 0x00000000, 0x8A894B13, 0x00000000)

Made a repair disk on a flashdrive and tried to boot from that. It flashed several times but no boot other than above.

When booting I can Escape which brings up small boot option window with
    2) CD/DVD
    3) Notebook hdd
    Enter settings

I enter settings. Under boot options there it only shows
    CD enabled
    Floppy enabled
    Internal Network disabled

In Bios settings I ran Primary Hard Disk Self Test. It ran with no results and laptop turned off.

I vacuumed out the fan and vents as well as I could. It's obviously an old machine.

JAK,
  2. 2018/01/07
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Sounds like some Hardware is/has failed. Can you remove the HDD and slave it see if you can run sfc /scannow.
    You say the DVD drive is not working - can you disconnect it?
    How is the RAM?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/01/07
    JAK

Actually was only reading one RAM. I reseated several times and it sees both now. Retried all of the other options, safe mode, etc after reseating. Still no go.
    Dvd is gone. The bay is empty.
    I can take the hdd out. I have a universal adapter to plug it into another comp with a usb cable. Making it an external hdd. Possible to run sfc on it that way?

JAK,
  5. 2018/01/07
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Yes. Use cmd prompt and Admin rights.

6. 2018/01/07
    JAK

Hooked up hdd with Sabrent usb adapter to my comp. Mine keeps popping up a message that drive E needs to be formatted. And it's not visible in my Computer.
    HDD is dead?

JAK,
  7. 2018/01/07
    JAK

Think it is kaput. HDD was screeching and stopping and starting. I'm shutting her down. Thanks!

JAK,