1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Win 2000 drag and drop issue

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by SKN66, 2011/02/26.

1. 2011/02/28
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.

2. 2011/02/28
    jpChris

jpChris Inactive

OK, I'm really not following you:
    What "extra" folder??? Was it something you created? The reg tweak does not create any folders "” it only changes\resets the "values" in the registry.
    What, pray tell, did you rewrite in the "ordinary folder" and where is that folder?
    Correct. Your original "problem" was Drag 'n Drop. The reg tweak I posted was to reset the registry to original specs.
    Which 2xExplorer do you mean? Windows Explorer, or Internet Explorer?

Google "Windows Registry" for more info.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/02/28
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Chris,

Please it's best to leave this until Broni has a chance to look at SKN's system.

5. 2011/02/28
    SKN66

SKN66 Inactive Thread Starter

Hi jpChris!

Unfortunately we live in different timelines, When You log on and are fresh I've been sitting here a while and start to become tired.... that's way all the obvious mistakes... or that's what I want to believe :)

2xExplorer is some little (only 516 kb) prog. made by Varate Vgiolitzndes Records and named 2xExplorer.exe It's an "old" prog. I don't remember when and where I picket it up it was probably the previous millennia :) it works actually and was to quite some help in this case.

I'm very reluctant to point out that the little reg. correcting file made a new folder in the registry and named it Explo er.... or was it something else that intervened.... not the foggiest actually but I'm still here so what I did wasn't totally stupid... ???
    I wrote in that key manually and it seems that even if it didn't "do any good" it didn't seem to do any harm either.... trial and error, that's how I've learned so far....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Well it looks like folder in the Regedit prog...... Guess You guys call it all a key?

Anyway, I'll keep telling You that half of the time I've no idea of what I'm doing, but...I'm learning :) , thanks to You guys!

After all, it's only a computer :)

6. 2011/02/28
    jpChris

jpChris Inactive

@WF — Deal!

@SKN66 — Before you do any "trial and error" stuff, always backup first: That way if you make a mistake you've got the original.

7. 2011/02/28
    SKN66

SKN66 Inactive Thread Starter

Shure, I'm a bit impulsive there, but ...I've learned my lesson here and WILL be more careful in the future! Running this malware prog now.... will return to the right forum about the results :)