1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Win 10 Ugrade Won't Let Me Keep My Apps

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by wjburl, 2015/07/30.

1. 2015/08/03
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Remember to make sure you have all the W8.1 updates installed. Neil.

2. 2015/08/03
    wjburl

wjburl Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It failed again with an image I had saved when I added an SSD last Sept. I found my rescue DVDs I made when I bought the laptop in April of 2014. I'm in the process of going thru the rescue procedure. I wonder what percent of the users ever make the rescue media? I'll take a long time to install all the updates. This is using a lot of data with Comcast. They have a 300GB cap and I've had months that exceeded 290GB in months past. Video streaming was the main culprit.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/05
    wjburl

It took me an entire day to do a factory re-install of Win8.8 and do all the updates. During that time, is started to download my OneDrive before I noticed and had a chance to copy the contents to the folder offline. That's another 50GB toward my month's data usage. The problem is that I have checked for additional updates and it says "No updates are available ", but I don't have the icon on the task bar to reserve my copy of Win 10.

5. 2015/08/05
    wjburl

I never got an invite to upgrade to Win 10 after the factory reset, so I did an upgrade with the USB drive I built last week. It installed and activated right away. Now i have a lot of apps to re-install. I read that MS had problems with activation last week, so I upgraded my tower again and it still won't activate. I guess the problem posed by the original post was resolved, but I still have a problem with the desktop. The desktop is a custom build with an Asrock motherboard.