1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Why is SSD not recognised as such?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by arthur277, 2016/10/17.

1. 2016/10/31
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You said they were "so basic... " and my point was, in particular with Windows Firewall is all we need is a basic firewall. And because the FW technologies only need to be basic, all the 3rd party firewall apps can do to differentiate them from Windows Firewall and each other is add a fancy UI and extra features nobody needs. A fancy UI and extra features that do nothing but take up disk space, RAM and CPU cycles are just a waste of resources.

:( Are you not aware that Windows Defender in Windows 7 is NOT an antimalware program and is totally different from the Windows Defender found in Windows 8 and W10???

Windows Defender in W7 is ONLY an anti-spyware program. That is why MSE is used in W7 as MSE is an anti-malware solution. The Windows Defender in W8 and W9 are enhanced versions of MSE and are integrated with the operating systems. MSE and Windows Defender in W7 have to be downloaded and installed separately. This is one of those cases where MS creates confusion with their duplicate and/or similar naming schemes. :( But this is not new news, or hard to learn.

The actions by Congress and the EU against Microsoft was not politics. It was business/commerce regulation news and the facts are the EU has consistently taken a stricter stand against MS than the US Congress. It was the EU, for example that forced Microsoft to sell a version of Windows without an integrated browser. That never happened in the US and you don't need to follow US politics to know that. You just need to do your homework to verify your facts.

Which suggests you judge people by their looks. :( You have done a lot of prejudging here - also evidenced by your comment about me pushing some preconceived (by you!) "party line" just because I am a Windows BBS Team Member. You suggesting site admin pushes some agenda on us and then expects us to push that agenda on posters is frankly, insulting. I suppose you think I push Microsoft's agendas too because I am a Microsoft MVP? That too would be incorrect, which you would know if you learned about the MVP program.

BTW, I was honored to be made part of the BBS Team in recognition of my desire and ability to help those who come here seeking advice. But I can't do that with those who naively are unwilling to accept what they thought was true, is not. :(

It is clear by the way you articulate your position that you are no dummy. But it is also clear you have established biases against Microsoft you are unwilling to admit are not, or are no longer true. And it is also clear you are too ready to prejudge without learning the facts - so yes, your personal comments about me and this site are taken personally!

Now this is your thread so you can run it into tangent topics as you wish, but I don't wish to discuss this further, so I won't. Good day.