1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

When clicking on an email link I'm sent to an email account

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by don06042, 2016/01/06.

1. 2016/01/06
    don06042

don06042 New Member Thread Starter

When my wife clicks on any Email link to contact that person, she gets redirected to a friends Email account. I tried to delete her history but it still opens to the friends account. My wife account is @att.net (att yahoo) friends account is @yahoo.com. Can someone tell me fix the problem please. :confused::confused::confused:

2. 2016/01/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi don06042, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Looks like you've got a real problem. I don't use Yahoo and I have not experienced any problems clicking on url's sent to me in an email.
    I use TB and links always open in the FF browser, I have never been sent to another email account.
    Have you been to Yahoo Forums and asked the question there?
    Have you tried another Yahoo profile for your wife's email? Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/01/06
    don06042

I haven't try using her laptop to open my email because I will need to delete the history to get from att yahoo to plain yahoo. Also I'm going to try using IE to access her account. I'll let you know. Thanks

5. 2016/01/06
    retiredlearner

Just to clarify -
    this is definitely an 'active' link through a web browser or is she wanting to 'Reply' to the email sender.
    Is the email address taken from the Address book? Neil.

6. 2016/01/06
    don06042

No the friend used our laptop while at the house to get on to her husband's account and then this happened. The friend claims she didn't do anything wrong lol they all say that. I can only access wife's laptop when it's on or if I'm at her place. her last attempt to send and email was clicking on the link in a list of addresses from a web site for summer camp. I'm trying to show her to cut the address from the list and past it into her email but with her disability it's hard for her to remember.

Last edited: 2016/01/06
  7. 2016/01/06
    retiredlearner

I can only suggest that you do a System Restore to a time before the friend used the laptop. Neil.

8. 2016/01/06
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Did the friend set up an account on the PC in question or did she go directly to the mail server that she uses?

9. 2016/01/07
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You probably just need to sign out of the account of your friend...

Click on his/her name one the top right, and choose "Sign Out ".

Arie,
    ianamal and Steve R Jones like this.
  10. 2016/01/07
    don06042

I do not know what she did and we do not see her any more. I believe I had tried that before Arie, but I will try it again. the wife didn't leave her pc on last night like I asked so I could not work on it.

Ok I was able to work on little more. When I clicked on the email link on our towns soccer ball site I am redirected to ZACs yahoo email account. I can not sign out there is only an option to close the window. Now I'm working on this though TEAMVIEWER so maybe there is more I'm not seeing. I tried both IE and CHROME and I get the same outcome. I want into INTERNET OPTIONS and deleted everything and CHROME settings doing the same. I was able to access the site on my desktop and was able to land up on their email page so, I feel that it something in my wife's laptop although I ruled out malware or viruses I ran ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE, MALWAREBIKTS and HITMAN PRO but found nothing out of the ordinary. For now I just cut and paste the address into my wife's address bar but still need to fix the problem.

Last edited: 2016/01/07