1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

WD harddisk showing error

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Rajesh Pal, 2018/03/07.

1. 2018/03/07
    Rajesh Pal

Rajesh Pal New Member Thread Starter

my pc is unable to start
    it restarts after showing windows logo,, win7
    and the error msg on safe mode and start windows normally both are same.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0x856C0000 , 0x00000000 , 0x8A85BB13 , 0x00000000)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unable to recover my data.
    please help..

Last edited: 2018/03/07
  2. 2018/03/08
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Bill,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/03/08
    Rajesh Pal

Th

Thanks bro for a quick suggestion...
    please just look at some of my points--
    when my hard disk showing me this error I went to a Computer repair shop with my and show them the issue.
    After that, they check with a new hard disk with my laptop and it works fine.
    And then they tell me this is the hard disk issue.
    And when they connect my hard disk to their pc it shows the same error. as written above.
    and again they try with an external hard disk casing and check it as an external hard disk, but it freezes the pc when connected. and when disconnected the pc works fine.
    same thing I am getting also with /safe mode/

Please tell me bro what to do then...
    I have all my data there.

5. 2018/03/08
    Bill

Are you saying you don't have a backup of your data?

I suggest you find a friend or family member with a computer you can attach or install your hard drive to as a secondary (NOT boot) drive and immediately copy off (if possible) your data.

Bill,
  6. 2018/03/09
    Rajesh Pal

After removing the harddisk form my laptop i coverd with a external 3.0 casing and conncet it to my friends laptop and desktop also it just freezes the pc . nothing is functioning after connecting it.
    Again i connect it first to pc and then pressing the power botton , it did not allowing even to load windows in another laptop and pc too

7. 2018/03/09
    Bill

Then sorry, but unless you want to a professional data recovery service (which can be VERY expensive) I am afraid you are out of luck.

I hate to point out the obvious but this is exactly one of those reasons everyone must maintain current backups.

Bill,
  8. 2018/03/09
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Why not try the method that has worked for me.
    Put the HDD in a plastic bag (freezer bag will do) and seal it.
    Place the pack in the fridge overnight - then slave it the next morning.
    No guarantee, but it has worked for me 3 times.

Rajesh Pal likes this.
  9. 2018/03/10
    Rajesh Pal

But I have to say something to u that ------
    My HDD showing problem after
    at a certain day i have opened 15tabs on firefox and like 10-12 tabs on google chrome after like 4-5 hours later when try to close my chrome browser and firefox also , my browser got freeze.
    but when i try to shut my pc with ALT+F4 , it takes around 10 min though , but there is no response. Then I remove my laptop battery to make it shutdown.
    And after that when I connected my battery and push the power button the above said error started with blue screen

10. 2018/03/10
    Rajesh Pal

Thanks for suggestion Bro.
    Is there any problem if I do it later. As I am living now in a place too far from my house where I have no fridge and none of my friends too.
    But I will definitely do this one

11. 2018/03/10
    Bill

The freezer method is generally used when the drive motor seizes. The idea is the worn and jammed bearings contract as they get cold, hopefully enough so they become unjammed long enough to copy off important files, before they heat up and seize again. This would be a last ditch effort in my opinion - especially since this does not seem to be a seized motor problem.

Again, you said you saw the same problem when you attached the drive a to second computer. That points to the drive being bad. If you cannot access the drive, I do not see any other option but to take it to a data recovery service where they have special equipment to do a deep "forensic" analysis of the platters and might be able to recover some of the data. But this can be a time consuming, thus expensive ordeal.

12. 2018/03/19
    Rajesh Pal

Will it going to work if I open my logic board and clean it with bubber as i seen a video on youtube. ???

13. 2018/03/19
    Bill

That only works on the very dirty or corroded electrical contacts of a connector. And contacts typically don't get dirty unless exposed. And your logic board contacts should not be exposed because the board has been mounted on the drive. That means the contacts have been safely protected in the connector.

So, no. This will not help. If the drive's data or power connectors are dirty (and this does not sound like that sort of problem) then just connect and disconnect the data and power connectors a couple times. That will scrape clean the pins and contacts - but note you have already done this by connecting it to another computer.

Sorry, but without a viable backup, it seems like you are just out of luck here. Your data is gone.

14. 2018/04/05
    Rajesh Pal

Hello Sir, I remembered u again. please give some tips--
    Its a Magic now , after cleaning the logic board i go the IT shop again with my hard drive , and they connect it with a external harddisk 3.0 casing after 3 to 4
    attempt it worked and i have removed all the data from drive - d, e,f except c drive. which is did not showing in my laptop
    please help me that how i can get the data from c drive also.. as i have my imp. doccuments on my computer desktop.
    please help me sir.
    Thanks

15. 2018/04/05
    Bill

Sorry, but I don't know what to suggest. If the shop had it connected, I am sure they copied all they could.

16. 2018/04/05
    Rajesh Pal

they put the harddisk in a usb 3.0 casing and give me that harddrive with that casing , then i go to my room and i copy data from the drives D,E,F
    as the C drive is not showing after making it external with usb3.0 casing.
    please suggest that how i can also access my c drive to remove data.
    please

17. 2018/04/05
    Bill

I already told you, I don't know what to suggest to help. I would if I could. Maybe try a different shop.

Good luck.

18. 2018/04/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

The only way that C: drive could be recovered is by "cloning" the complete HDD.;)
    It sounds like the shop did a Partition copy only. :eek:
    Just my thoughts.o_O

Rajesh Pal likes this.
  19. 2018/04/06
    Bill

Except a clone just clones what is there. If nothing is there now (or if what is there is unreadable) the cloned copy will have nothing there (or nothing readable) too. :(

20. 2018/04/06
    Rajesh Pal

Thanks, Sir,
    After putting the hard disk in casing it acts as an external hard drive. Am I right?
    when I connect "that hard disk" with a laptop it shows the partition Drive - D, E, F and the data which is inside these partition drive is totally safe.
    And I copied that Data to a new Harddisk.
    But C Drive is not shown there.
    But when I try to boot windows from this hard disk it ends with the blue screen error.
    Please suggest me how I can get my c drive data.
    Can I clone only C drive or I have to clone the entire hard disk?

Please suggest

21. 2018/04/06
    Bill

You cannot have two C drives on one computer. What I suspect is the D you see used to be C when that computer was installed in your computer.

Rajesh Pal likes this.