1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Watch movies from computer on coax input only TV]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Jerry72, 2011/01/08.

1. 2011/01/08
    Jerry72

Jerry72 Inactive Thread Starter

I have an old TV with only a coaxial cable port. I want to watch movies on my TV from my computer . My old Tv has no S-video output,no RCA output.What do I need.? Thanks.

Jerry

2. 2011/01/09
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

I think it would be quite difficult.

Do you have two graphics outputs from your computer? What sort, VGA or DVI or both?

I haven't heard of adapters to coaxial, even RCA video would probably give poor quality.

The television might have low resolution, so if you set it too high you just get a blank screen.

Even S-video connection is difficult if you want to run low resolution on a television and a higher resolution on the computer monitor.

It would take quite a lot of research and might be expensive or might not even work when you set it up.

Matt

Jerry72 and lj50 like this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/01/09
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You told us what inputs your TV has but sadly, told us nothing of the outputs on your computer. If your computer does not have a F-type coaxial "TV Out" connection, you will need to buy a new graphics card that does, or an RF modulator adapter that supports whatever outputs your computer provides. Alternatively, if your graphics card supports S-Video or some other video out connection, you may be able to use an old VCR to take the signals (video and audio) from the computer and send them to the TV.

Bill,
    Jerry72 and lj50 like this.
  5. 2011/01/14
    Jerry72

Jerry72 Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks.

Jerry