1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Vista Vista Wireless - WLAN AutoConfig refuses to start

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by jakedagreat, 2008/03/29.

1. 2008/03/29
    jakedagreat

jakedagreat Inactive Thread Starter

I recently installed some antivirus software and some MS updates, now my wifi connection does not work. I try to diagnose it, and it says Windows Wireless Service isn't running. I click to run it, and it says it cannot fix the problem.

I have researched a bit and the root of the problem seems to be with the service WLAN AutoConfig, which is disabled for some reason. When I try to run it, it returns an error: "Windows could not start WLAN Autoconfig on this Local Computer" Error : 0xc00ce508

Any ideas?

2. 2008/03/30
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

Hi and welcome to the BBS,

Most likely a problem with the wireless LAN adapter drivers. Look for updated drivers or uninstalling and reinstalling the original drivers.

Check for updates of other major drivers, particularly the motherboard/chipset drivers.

Matt

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/03/30
    jakedagreat

jakedagreat Inactive Thread Starter

Tried all that, ended up reinstalling vista. Oh well.

5. 2008/03/31
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

Me, I wouldn't necessarily think a reinstall was such a bad thing with the release of SP1, if problems seem to be occurring.

Matt