1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Vista Vista confused about DVD drive

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by rikki, 2014/01/15.

1. 2014/01/22
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

2. 2014/01/24
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

What a brilliant idea. I used an old Bart PE disk I made years ago because I already had it on hand and I am more familiar with Windows. My video editors wouldn't run because they are dependent on the OS they were installed with, but my file manager, which also has the same issue with the DVD drive, didn't have any problem loading and for the first time ever it also read the drive exactly like it is supposed to.

That was interesting but then it got really strange. I rebooted my regular OS and as a test tried to read the drive again with my video software. Suddenly everything works! As an added test I shut down power, waited a few moments, and booted up again. Everything still works. I don't have a clue why and I don't know if it will stay this way, but right now the problem seems to be solved. This is something I never would have thought to try and as far as I am concerned you are a genius. Thank you.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/01/24
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.