1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Video Capturing software

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by IvanH, 2013/07/29.

1. 2013/07/29
    IvanH

IvanH Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a KWorld VS-USB2800D DVD Make USB2.0 video capturing device. It worked on Windows XP many years ago, capturing Hi8 video into MPEG-2 / MPEG-4.

The software, PVR Plus v1.0, doesn't install again on the Windows 7 64-bit notebook. The DVD software disc may be damaged.

I checked the www.kworld.com.tw and found only Windows 7 driver but not the PVR Plus software.

Is there any free software that I can use on Windows 7 Home Premium notebook in order to capture/convert the analog Hi8 Video clips into MPEG-4? I only need a simple one, because my purpose is to convert the whole tape (60 minutes), not doing any editing during the video capture process. e.g. Can MovieMaker do it?

2. 2013/07/29
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Per instructions I found via google:

Copy the files from the cd to a folder on your computer. Then run the setup program for PVR Plus. After it's installed, go to c:\Program Files\KWorld Multimedia\PVR Plus\TVR. Rt click honestechTV.exe > Properties > Compatability tab > set to XP SP2.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/07/29
    IvanH

IvanH Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I installed PVR Plus. and set c:\Program Files (x86)\V-Stream\PVR Plus\TVR\honestechTV.exe to XP SP2. The path is different from yours but it's the most important file I was stuck!

It works now.

Thank you TonyT.

Last edited: 2013/07/29