1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Utility for reinstalling programs

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by dansouza, 2002/01/08.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/08
    dansouza

dansouza Guest Thread Starter

I once saw a utility available for download that lets you save your programs and be able to reinstall them without having to have the original installation disks, but I can't remember where I saw it or what it was called. Does anyone know of this? If so, can you please send me a link? It would be much appreciated.

2. 2002/01/08
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

You must be thinking of programs like Norton Ghost. It makes an "image" copy of your entire hard drive...

Other wise, you'd have to copy the entire contents of the install disks to your hard drive.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/08
    dansouza

dansouza Guest Thread Starter

No, what I'm talking about is a utility that was on either CNet or ZDNet but I can't find it now, it was able to find all of the program files and dll's on your computer and save them and basically create an installation packet for you. It was billed as being able to let you reinstall your programs without having to have the original installation software

5. 2002/01/09
    SavvyLady

SavvyLady Guest Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.