1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Trying to remove "bloatware" from Asus Eee PC 1025C Flare]

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by Rothbury, 2012/11/25.

1. 2012/12/09
    Rothbury

Rothbury Inactive Thread Starter

@TonyT, Thanks. That sounds like the only way to detect what the problem is. I will set aside some time to do that as it sounds like it could be time consuming and respond whichever way it goes.

2. 2012/12/09
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

It doesn't have to take much time. You could actually delete all the Asus values from the Run registry key, after exporting the key, then reboot. I'll bet the error goes away.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/12/09
    Rothbury

Actually took a shot in the dark, cause I was always suspicious of the Eee docking software. I thought I had uninstalled it but it still showed up in control panel, but there was no shortcut on the desktop, so I disabled that first and voila, no "Init.xml file failed" message when I did the boot from scratch.

Would you recommend I now uninstall it fully or just leave it disabled.

5. 2012/12/09
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Just leave it disabled. If you want to use it just load it from the start menu.

6. 2012/12/09
    Rothbury

OK have done as you requested.

I would like to thank all you guys for your persistence and help to achieve the solution.

Have a great Xmas.