1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Thread order

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by Vicki, 2016/11/23.

1. 2016/11/23
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered previously (my search skills aren't the best, so I couldn't find anything relative to my question).
    I frequent the forums regularly (and have learned soooo much from everyone!). My question being is, when I click on a topic (after selecting the "new posts" option), it will take me to the last reply. I then have to scroll back up to see what the op was asking and to read any other replies that may have occurred previously.
    Is this a default setting or something that I need to change? If there's a large number of responses to someone's question, it can sometimes take a while to get to the top of the thread.

Thanks!

2. 2016/11/23
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

As I understand it, if clicking a thread with new posts, you will get directed to the first "unread" post. If there are no new posts, you will get to the beginning of the thread.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/11/23
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

When you get into a thread look for the Up/Down arrows on the right - clicking on the UP arrow will take you to the first post in the thread.......

Attached Files:

5. 2016/11/23
    mopar Lifetime Subscription

mopar Well-Known Member

I think what Vicki is asking is the same problem I'm having but can't find the answer.

If I look through the list of new posts and I find one that interests me or one that I am following, I'll click it and if their has been several replies then I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
    Is their not some way that the page would open at the last reply?

I read 3 other boards frequently and they all open at the last reply.

mopar

6. 2016/11/23
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member