1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved the image part with relationship ID rId9 and rID6 was found in the file

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by melvinjn, 2015/01/14.

1. 2015/01/14
    melvinjn

melvinjn Inactive Thread Starter

Hi all

This is an issue with Word 2013 I use it on Windows 8.1. I copy and paste images from other documents as normally I do for quite a while now, but for 2 days now suddenly the images go missing with a frame and the information mentioned in it is "the image part with relationship ID rId9 was found in the file" or "the image part with relationship ID rId6 was found in the file" or "the image part with relationship ID rId1 was found in the file" for various types of images. If I close the file and open it again they go missing. I want to ultimately convert them to pdf immediately after pasting, saving as PDF I find one image missing. I fix that one close the file and another go missing when I reopen the word document. Not sure what is happening. I checked for viruses, but didn't find any. Need help..

2. 2015/01/14
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have you rebooted the computer? Sometimes that makes everything go right.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/01/14
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

If you Google for "the image part with relationship ID rId9 was found in the file " you will find that you are not alone with this issue - some possible solutions posted.

5. 2015/01/14
    melvinjn

Thanks Mr Bill, I had done it but it didn't help.

6. 2015/01/14
    melvinjn

I am still reading that issue with that error, as I write this, but nothing is working out. I normally come to the forum when everything I tried has failed.

7. 2015/01/14
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi melvinjn.

Lets make sure that you have no 3rd party background programs that are interfering with your system by performing a clean boot in Windows. Follow the instructions from here, How to perform a cleanboot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Let me know if performing the clean boot solves the issue.

Also adding to what Neil said you can save the images to your desktop and then import the images into your Word document if copying and pasting them doesn't work.

8. 2015/01/14
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi melvinjn, I use MS Word 2013 with W8.1 and when I do a copy/paste from a web site/Facebook/email, the only way I can get the photo/image to copy is by Right click on the photo/image and Save as Image.
    This goes into my Downloads/Documents/Pictures/Videos as I choose. From there I can Double click the image > Right click > Copy > Paste into Word or email.
    It sounds a bit complex and there probably is a different method - but it works every time for me and I've done this from MS Word 2003,2007 and now 2013.

I've just done this 15 minutes ago with a Facebook photo and text joke sent to me. ;) Neil.

9. 2015/01/16
    melvinjn

What happens is when I paste one picture copied from another word file since I received it in a document that image is supposed to be a logo unless I convert it into a file and then insert it. I have another image which I made with snipping tool and again use cut and paste to insert that image.

The problem here is when one image is fixed it stays while the other one done earlier disappears with a message mentioned above in a frame. This behaviour is not shown on another computer and I had completed the work which was I needed to do and I had done it by copy and paste and it worked well all images continued to stay without disappearing, but the computer I have the problem continues to behave even with a clean boot.

Is there a setting I need to do on Word 2013 or has to be reinstalled. I had done a repair from control panel but that didn't help too.

10. 2015/01/16
    Evan Omo

11. 2015/01/18
    melvinjn

I had tried your suggestions, but it did not help. The same behaviour was demonstrated.

12. 2015/01/18
    Evan Omo

Unfortunately there isn't much else that I can offer to help solve your issue with Office 2013.

Does importing the images from a file work instead of pasting them in?

13. 2015/01/18
    melvinjn

When I use that method, I get the error "An error occurred while importing this file. <Path to the file>" and the image is not imported.

14. 2015/01/18
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi melvinj, did you try the method I use?
    I find that I can Right click on an image/photo/smilie on a web site, email or Facebook and select 'save image as' and download to my choice of Library.
    And from there - Right click and open in Windows Photo Viewer and then Copy and Paste to an open Word page/document or Forward/email without problem. Neil.

15. 2015/01/18
    melvinjn

Thanks for your response, I tried your suggestion and it works atleast for 2 images when I close that word document one image goes missing, that is the last image which was copied using the suggested method goes missing with a frame and the message " The image part with relationship ID rId4 was not found in the file "

16. 2015/01/18
    melvinjn

What I found out was conversion from docx to doc format keeps the images even after a number of closes and opens unlike the docx format which has missing pictures.

17. 2015/01/19
    melvinjn

Thank you all for helping me so far in trying to resolve my issue.

Just like to share my success in overcoming the above mentioned difficulty. So far I kept trying and doing many things even re install didn't help just in case someone thought about it. I created a new profile with new email account for windows 8.1 without any formatting of windows and the problem disappeared forever. It was a profile corruption.

18. 2015/01/19
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Well done and thanks for the update :)

19. 2015/01/19
    Evan Omo

Glad you were able to solve your issue. :)