1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

System Restore Not Setting Restore Points Every 24Hrs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dan239, 2004/03/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/04/12
    dan239

dan239 Inactive Thread Starter

Johanna

HP does not supply an XP HOME disc. They do not supply any backup or recovery discs. I had to make my own recovery discs as soon as I got my new computer going.

I had tried to run SFC and it would not work because of a lack of a real XP HOME disc. This is one more reason why I am going with clean install.

I do not intend to buy another computer unless it comes with a real MS created OS disc. Most of the problems I have had are a result of all the junk that HP put in when they installed the system and it began to seem like I would never get rid of all of it.

Daniel

Last edited: 2004/04/12
  2. 2004/04/12
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Seems like most of the common problems are eventually being covered in here so I'll keep throwing those rarer possibly overlooked gotchas as I run across them. Like this one for example:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310715

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311119

Hmmm...
    Is your password set to "blank "?

======
    I guess this is no longer for you, Daniel, since I just noticed you are determined to reinstall a non HP OEM xp version, but they may help someone further down the line with the same problem so....I shall plod along.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/04/12
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

Daniel said:
    I can understand that sentiment completely. I have had to work on too many OEMs! Sorry you learned the hard way...but you will be very pleased with your clean XP Pro install. Bookmark Black Viper's site for reference later. Sounds like you don't want unecessary services and programs running, and I don't blame you! When you get past all the garbage on the HP (Including BackWeb), your comp will fly!

Johanna

5. 2004/04/12
    dan239

dan239 Inactive Thread Starter

Johanna

Thanks for the encouraging word. I got such a good deal on my computer that I am very likely money ahead of what I could have done going any other route.

I am familiar with Black Viper's site, I do believe it has some of the best information available. Your reference is good for anyone reading this thread later.

Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.