1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Strange Icon in Sys tray on Boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Digitalis, 2010/08/09.

1. 2010/08/09
    Digitalis

Digitalis Inactive Thread Starter

Hello all.

I noticed my laptop taking a while to shutdown yesterday, after booting it again it appeared to take a lot longer than normal. I saw a small flash of a window (about30mm x 10mm, just grey no other graphic) and a strange icon in the system tray. The icon stays there until the next program boots (usually about 2 - 3 seconds) UNLESS I hover the mouse on it (or try screen capture) whn it disappears.

All programs seem slightly slower to react. Firefox take moe time to load a page etc.

I have not recently installed any programs, although I did get malicous page warnging yesterday (which I heeded). I've scanned with Avira and superantispyware with no results. I tried sreen capping the icon but it disappeared, so here is my 'artists representation':

[​IMG]

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. 2010/08/09
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Most probably a malware. Head over to Malware and Virus Section of this forum.

Good luck.

3. to hide this advert.