1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved SoundblasterZ Won't Resume Audio Output After Sleep Mode

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by neutropia, 2016/06/26.

1. 2016/06/26
    neutropia

neutropia Well-Known Member Thread Starter

The title pretty much covers my issue. I just built an all new PC and my SoundblasterZ works perfectly fine, but once the computer goes into sleep mode and is awoken, it won't put any audio out anymore. The only way to get sound to come out again is to reset the PC entirely. It even causes the sounblaster audio program to run very slow trying to test the speakers, etc.

I'm running it on an ASUS A88x-Pro motherboard.

Anyone have any ideas what I can check or try to figure out what's going on?

2. 2016/06/26
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Check advanced power options settings via control panel. There may be a setting to turn the sound off when in sleep mode, or some other setting that affects sound or pci, etc.

Apparently, that card is known to have issues with sleep mode, many users have the same problem. Common fix is to try different driver versions for it, may or may not work.

Last edited: 2016/06/26

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/06/26
    neutropia

neutropia Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm apparently just horrible about searching because I wasn't having any luck finding anything pertinent. I disabled the on-board audio and, fingers crossed, it seems to have fixed the issue. Worst case scenario I'm on an SSD so I can just simply turn the PC off when I know I won't be using it for several hours. Thanks for the help!

5. 2016/06/26
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I always disable sleep mode in power options on my computers anyway. I just set 'em to 'turn off monitor after x minutes'.