1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Solution When Start Menu Tiles Disappear

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kenk, 2016/01/30.

1. 2016/01/30
    kenk

kenk Well-Known Member Thread Starter

This situation may be covered inside another post here, but in general, on the Internet many people are having the same problem I did: For no apparent reason all of my Start Menu tiles/icons suddenly disappeared. I had not made any new installs or major changes so I followed all of the suggestions others offered in the Internet; i.e. "powershell" commands, "restorehealth" commands, etc. Nothing worked. I finally contacted MS support and let a tech take over my screen. After almost a half hour she asked if she could reboot my computer. I agreed and because of the reboot that was the last I ever heard from her! I know that there are repair tools offered in the Win10 forum here, but my solution was so simple I thought I would throw it into the mix. After reasoning on the fact that one or two of MS's own tiles remained I realized that the missing tiles were not defective but in fact no longer existed.
    SOLUTION: I simply went to each app I wanted on my start menu and re-pinned it to the start menu. The tiles were not defective or missing. It was just that the links to the apps had been somehow deleted in mass. This may not apply to all such problems, but it fixed my problem immediately.

kenk,