1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Site closing down my computer

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by blakston6286, 2015/09/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2015/09/12
    blakston6286 Lifetime Subscription

blakston6286 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a current thread open in the Windows Vista forum where I am trying to get my computer fixed back to normal operations after following Broni's instructions to the letter and cleaning my computer.
    But everytime I try to go on to the thread something shuts down my windows operating system and I get a Crash Dump blue screen of death and my computer reboots after it goes thru its process.

I appreciatte the process of cleaning my computer but it seems to have deleted some necessary processes for actually running my computer along the way. Is it wise to reinstall my OS (in the repair mode) or is there still some kind of worm running in the background maybe that is messing with things???

At this time I can't even run my Carbonite without getting a Microsoft Window telling me it shut down my Carbonite engine because it was not working correctly...What does that even mean????

Presently I was told by Evan Omo to do something I am not clear exactly where I find the beginning of the process on my computer so I can follow his instructions....but none of that matters at the moment since everytime i go to my thread my computer gets shut down.....?????

Any ideas????

2. 2015/09/12
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member

Just a shot in the dark here, but I've had some success running this tool on Windows 7 to fix a few things. It's not necessarily a cure all, but it *may* repair a few things on your PC...

The author recommends running the program in Safe Mode (twice), and make sure you create the recommended backups before starting repairs.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/12
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Also create a Restore Point.

lj50,
  5. 2015/09/13
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

@blakston5286 there is no need to create a new thread in a different location. I responded to your thread with detailed new instructions so please take a look at your current thread. Thanks.

6. 2015/09/14
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

This forum is for:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.