1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Resolution issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by W4JTP, 2017/04/09.

1. 2017/04/09
    W4JTP

W4JTP New Member Thread Starter

Here's what we're dealing with
    Lenovo 710
    NVIDIA graphics card
    Windows 10
    AOC 12757 monitor

I was expecting a 21st Century experience, but everything looks 1980s-ish. Pages fill the screen, but text and images are flattened and somewhat blurry. Fonts appear Ariel bold for most everything.

I've tried all 3 scaling options on the NVIDIA menu, the "disable display scaling" on the app compatibility menus; adjusting the Chrome zoom levels....nada.

And to add injury to insult, the zoom control on my ergonomic keyboard doesn't work. (Other controls are OK.)

So in a word...HELP! TIA.

2. 2017/04/09
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/04/09
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi W4JTP, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Would you please explain when this problem occurred? Is this a new Lenovo? Have you been using W10 previously? What happened recently to cause the problem?
    As Doc has Posted a link on how to, from my experience, W10 makes the adjustments to settings on initial setup. Are all drivers up to date? Neil.

5. 2017/05/16
    W4JTP

W4JTP New Member Thread Starter

Thanks for responding Neil. Turns out the tech had recommended DVI cable for monitor; shoulda been HDMI. (Thought that might be the case, but it's his job to know things like that.)

6. 2017/05/17
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Thanks for your reply - it may help others to check monitor cables. :oops:;)