1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

res://C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Dennis, 2004/12/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/12/05
    Dennis

Dennis Inactive Thread Starter

My friend who is running windows 2000 gets this url no matter what url she trys to go to,

res://C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll

She has run Hijack this, Ad-aware, Stinger and Spybot. None have fixed it.

Any ideas what I might advise her?

2. 2004/12/06
    Dez Bradley

Dez Bradley Inactive

The page you are getting is a standard, built into Windows page that appears if your browser fails to connect to the page you are trying to visit, usually when the problem is with your connection itself (ie you cant go to ANY web pages)

Please provide more info on the internet access setup there, then we may help you fix the real problem that it has, which could be hardware (like router or modem), Transport (like phone line, exchanges, your telco/carrier and ISP) or software (like firewall software, corrupt Windows system files or other files, or bad drivers for devices like modem, network card)

So as you can see we need it narrowed down. Now you know the page you are seeing is ok and normal, you can concentrate on getting your connection fixed.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/12/06
    Dennis

Dennis Inactive Thread Starter

Hmm..well I just learned that there was something after the

res://C:\WINNT\System32\shdoclc.dll\????

but I do not know what it is at this time.

The connection is just dial-up.

I advised them to install Firefox. They did and they can now go wherever they like on the web.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.