1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Removing Zone Alarm messed up system

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Chris, 2002/01/10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/12
    BillyBob Lifetime Subscription

BillyBob Inactive

I will make no comment on not shutting a program down before un-installing. I have made that mistake several times.

Yes, NIS is a bit tougher to get set but once it is is does do the job very well.

I don't like getting into regedit because I don't know I am doing. I know I need to learn because it where you need to go to clean and fix things.

Another bit of reasonable thinkng.

Even as much as I do regediting I still make VERY sure I have a recent backup. Again I DO NOT leave everything for Windows to do.

2. 2002/01/13
    hewee

hewee Inactive

Plus you can do added things with NIS that you can't with ZA.

On regediting and other things.

I like to get a removeable hard drive rack and another hard drive.
    That way I can try and learn things without the worry of a format. I can shut down and just take out the one drive that I don't play around with trying to learn to do things and pop in the one I am learning to do things.
    Even if I do a real bad job and have to format I will not have any real lost. I made sure that my new case would have the room to do this and I have two free 5.25" bays on the front so all I need to do is do it.

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.