1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Recently built PC, MANY, MANY erors

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by justcallmefred, 2010/11/01.

1. 2010/11/09
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

I'm sorry, Fred but analyzing those error messages is not something for me ... :eek: ... !

2. 2010/11/09
    justcallmefred

justcallmefred Inactive Thread Starter

Do you think it's bad?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/11/10
    Christer

Christer Geek Member Staff

I have no idea ... :eek: ... but the second error

points at the processor driver. You run Windows 7-64 and there's no AMD 64-bit processor driver to be installed. It's integrated in Windows 7-64.

5. 2010/11/10
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

This should fix issues with explorer:

Last edited: 2010/11/10
  6. 2010/11/10
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

As far as I can make out this error relates to not having .Net framework installed.

This may be a good time to get your new PC on the internet and get all the critical updates from microsoft installed.

Some new software you installed would have caused the above error. I thought you were getting windows to run smoothly before adding any software, or am I wrong:confused:

7. 2010/11/10
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Sorry, I have stopped following this thread long time ago, but if I had these problems I'd be looking for different (quality) hardware!

8. 2010/11/10
    justcallmefred

There are several explorer folders and 2 .exe 's in there.I dunno which one or if it matters which one :confused: . .Netframework was installed because I forgot to turn off Microsoft updates and on the first reboot Windows updated. I installed just the 'front-end' to Steam client..nothing with it :eek: .

Should I install an anti-virus?Microsoft added it to non - essential updates, malware removal and Security Essentials.

9. 2010/11/10
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

I agree with Arie. Time to look for a different hardware.

10. 2010/11/10
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

The guide I found just relates to a file named explorer.exe, just follow the instruction and copy this file only, as described. Ignore the other files.

Was that after the error or before:confused:

If I give advise to cure a problem and you did something that relates to it please explain in your reply when something was done in relation to the error. Without this information in your reply I have to ask more questions, which just makes the process longer than it needs to be. It also makes it more difficult for other members to follow who may have valuable advise to give.

Likewise when an error occurs please add what you did just before it happened so I or anyone else doesn't need to ask. Keep in mind that nobody can see what you are doing or what you have done, so please give as much detail as you can.

As I suggested, go ahead and install all the updates. If any fail, don't worry just keep going with them until 'Auto Update' does not find any more.

I would recommend that you install Microsoft Security Essentials and no other anti virus, MSE is a complete (free) package to give full protection.

11. 2010/11/10
    justcallmefred

markmadras- I'm sorry. Yes, .Netframework was installed prior to that error.Installing Security Essentials right now. Arie and rsinfo, I have invested too much already :( . I've sent back 2 MoBo's that were bad and a power supply that was not acting properly.I still think it's a software ( driver) issue.

12. 2010/11/10
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

This might help locate any driver issues.

13. 2010/11/10
    justcallmefred

It didn't crash right then, but within a half hour of a reboot.I updated the database shortly before this....

Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
    Feature: Behavior Monitoring
    Error Code: 0x80004005
    Error description: Unspecified error
    Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection.

14. 2010/11/11
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

That suggests that MSE needs to be updated. Have you got its outomatic update facility switched on?

15. 2010/11/11
    justcallmefred

Yes, I did see that it was on.

This one is recurring. Not sure why though.Maybe resetting router would help...

Microsoft Antimalware has encountered an error trying to update signatures.
    New Signature Version:
    Previous Signature Version: 1.93.1647.0
    Update Source: Microsoft Update Server
    Update Stage: Search
    Source Path: http://www.microsoft.com
    Signature Type: AntiVirus
    Update Type: Full
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Current Engine Version:
    Previous Engine Version: 1.1.6301.0
    Error code: 0x80072ee2
    Error description: The operation timed out

16. 2010/11/12
    markmadras

markmadras Banned

Go into MSE and run the manual update. If the problem persists I would try an uninstall and then download MSE again, reinstall it and run update manually. I have seen a lot of problems reported around June this year after a certain update fixed some issues but caused another, maybe something similar is happening again. Or it could just be that as MSE grows in popularity the site is getting very busy which can cause download problems.