1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Question on closing a screen.

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by BobbyScot, 2017/04/24.

1. 2017/04/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Because you have installed Omen Control Center, you will be using the Intel built in graphics as I suspect Omen has shut down your GeForce graphics card.
    My advice is to Uninstall Omen (unless you want it for Gaming) and utilise the NVIDIA card and make the adjustments using the W10 OS and the NVIDIA Control Center which was supplied with your comp.
    If you retain Omen, you will probably find that you will have to adjust your Background colour every time you start your comp as Omen will go to it's Default on shut down as Gamers will make colour changes to suit their mood.

Bobby, W10 Control Panel does not have this folder!!! Graphics are not mixed with Hardware or Sound!!
    My Control Panel has always shown a NVIDIA Folder or a AMD Radeon as do Intel.
    To make changes to your Background in W10, Start > Settings > Personalization is where you carry out your choices.

You must realize that the HP Omen series comp was built with Gamers in mind - hence the choice for better graphics control/use. Amazon.com: HP 870-090 OMEN Gaming Desktop: Computers & Accessories
    NVIDIA has stopped working because I suspect Omen CC closed it. Does your Owner Manual explain what control Omen makes when you have the GeForce Graphics card installed?
    Can the Omen CC control both the Intel builtin graphics and the GeForce GTX 1060?

I have checked with several software programs e.g. VLC, Libre Office, Open Office and HP Assistant and they close immediately when the X at top right of screen is clicked on. As I stated previously, any changes made to an open Document in the Office programs will ask whether you want Save/Discard/Cancel before closing the page/program.
    If I have the Internet Browser in use and have several Tabs open, I will be reminded that I need to close the Tabs manually or Windows can do it for me. I would imagine the message you have seen previously was displayed if more than 1 screen was open. I personally cannot remember having seen any such message in late versions of Windows.

2. 2017/05/01
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

OMEN Control installed is solely used to change the colour scheme in the LED lighting in the front panel of the computer and controls nothing else but --- Lighting Mode: Simple [Single colour - Colour Show - CPU Temperature - CPU Usage - Off]. Advanced : Adjustments for Saturation: Brightness: Hue. These setting should be set and saved as detailed in the Manual, but unfortunately as said previously, no "Save" is available in my set up and therefore requires a manual setting at each power up of the computer as to the chosen colour scheme. When reading on OMEN series, did not realise this model was solely for Gamers and unsuitable for normal daily computing. It could be that I spent money unnecessary. Question on software of choice to closing or reverting to the previous page, is most probably made for that program only, or that it has been removed or now inaccessible.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/05/01
    retiredlearner

Bobby, you may well have spent more than necessary on your new comp, but it should be able to handle all the work you require from it with speed and storage. Remember though, that if you have a "senior moment" and take up gaming, your comp can handle it.:D

5. 2017/05/02
    BobbyScot

I agree, it could well be my childhood will get the better of me, after all I enjoy my Solitaire! But why the need to reset OMEN Control at each Boot up, even HP Support has no explanation on this.

6. 2017/05/02
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

As suggested earlier. Why not uninstall the Omen Software? After all you don not need the Omen software or Control Panel to play Solitaire. As stated earlier that software was designed for hard core gamers.

7. 2017/05/02
    BobbyScot

Reason for use of OMEN Control it controls the LED colour scheme and it illuminates the front panel of the computer with chosen colour. It simply finishes off the look of the computer. My concern is as to why it can not save colour selection. Manual states it can be done or is Manual out of date with software installed?

8. 2017/05/03
    retiredlearner

What is the method advised in the Manual?
    Can you copy and paste info for us to look at?

9. 2017/05/04
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If you downloaded the manual. Can you post the link? Did you get the gaming keyboard with the computer? The lighting can be set on that to. Can you post the Product5 Number(P/N) and Serial Number(S/N). There are certain features available for Select models/versions of your machine.

10. 2017/05/04
    BobbyScot

The manual has little information available on Control other than installation and to save settings (this part appears not to be available) in my install or as preinstalled by HP. HP Support, has no explanation on this. Computer was without Keyboard, Mouse or Monitor.
    Product HP PC870-206na Desktop. Model : 27Cz4EA Serial: 4CE7061120.

11. 2017/05/07
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have you tried using [Alt][F4] to close the window?

Click once on any blank space within the window you want to close, (to make sure that that window has 'focus'), and then, while holding down the [Alt] key, tap the [F4] function key. With any luck that window will close.​