1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Question about wireless or wi-fi card

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by sandilew, 2015/04/07.

1. 2015/04/11
    sandilew Lifetime Subscription

sandilew Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Will do Tony,

I ordered the NETGEAR AC750 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Range Extender (EX6100) and it should be arriving fairly soon. Will get back to as soon as I get it set up, and check it out. Hopefully it will finally give me a signal strong enough to do something, on the patio. Right now I have no signal at all out there.

Sandie

2. 2015/04/12
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/04/12

Thank you Tony, for the manual. I hope it will be an easy set up. It looks not too difficult.

Sandie

5. 2015/04/17

Hello Tony,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I've been so busy the last 2 days, there was just no time for me to play around with the wi-fi extender at the time. This morning though, I did set down and got it set up.

So far it seems to be working, and the signal in the back bedroom is now very strong and good. I took my Kindle out to the patio, and had a very good signal for the first time. Before, I had no signal at all.

I am a little confused because every time I connect to the new connection through the extender, it asks for my password, which it should not need to do that, but then a blank page pops up, the connection is connected, and I'm good to go. No idea what is going on but it doesn't seem to be changing anything. The connection worked.

Thank you so much, for the information you shared with me, guiding me to the correct products to accomplish what I needed to accomplish, and for your wonderful patience. It is greatly appreciated, to say the least.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sandie

6. 2015/04/22
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

You are very welcome!

Check the kindle to verify "remember password" is selected.

Also, the kindle connection dialog may be invoked repeatedly because when you come back in the house, the kindle may automatically switch between the actual wifi router and the extender when you move from room to room. Not a big deal as long as it's working.

7. 2015/04/22

OK Tony,

Will do. Thank you.
    I was just extremely happy to see that it worked at all. LOL

Sandie