1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved [Problems installing/removing IE9]

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by BobbyScot, 2015/03/01.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2015/03/07
    BobbyScot

BobbyScot Geek Member Thread Starter

I hope this is successful. Bobby.

Attached Files:

2. 2015/03/07
    Malnutrition

Malnutrition Active Member

I would highly suggest that you remove Microsoft Security Essentials, see
    This for my reasoning.

Hit the start button at the bottom left hand corner of your Screen.
    Type or copy and paste appwiz.cpl into the Run Box.
    Hit enter.
    Scroll down to the following item(s): Note: If you encounter a program that will not remove or is not listed then skip it please.

As an alternative you may use Revo Uninstaller Freeware Here is a good tutorial on the use of Revo Uninstaller.

Code:
    Microsoft Security Essentials (HKLM\...\Microsoft Security Client) (Version: 4.7.205.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
    µTorrent (HKCU\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.2.38656 - BitTorrent Inc.)
    µTorrent (HKCU-x32\...\uTorrent) (Version: 3.4.2.38656 - BitTorrent Inc.)

Right Click one at a time and select remove.
    Now close the programs and features window.
    Once finished reboot the machine.

I would replace MSE with one of the free items below, then run a full scan.

360 Total Security
    Tencent

Then I would go and see Broni, as I suspect that you may have an infection, based on what I see installed and your computer experience level.

Follow the instructions here, then post your logs.

If you still have any issues after Broni has declared your machine clean, then feel free to come back to this thread, so that I can assist further. By the way the Wipe site is up and running now. :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/03/07
    BobbyScot

Thank you for your help and indeed your patience. My reason for keeping MSE is simply through past experience find this antivrus program is less troublesome with the running of my computer but I repect your excellent advice given. Some of these programs given by other members have been a real worry to me. I will certainly try the Anti virus that you suggested. At present the IE 9 is working properly but for how long. Thanks again, Bobby.

5. 2015/03/07
    Malnutrition

Just make sure that you remove MSE prior to installing anything else, you can not have two antivirus applications. I have seen Broni work and he is good, he leaves no stone unturned as some security people do. I suggest that you get that check up done on the machine as soon as possible, I think you will like the result. :)

6. 2015/03/07
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Bobby if you are going to Broni, don't remove or add anything. Let him handle it.

7. 2015/03/07
    Malnutrition

Microsoft even admits that MSE is not good for the average user. Having him remove this is just the start. It does not take a certified person to give advice on changing security programs, I realize that I am new here, you coming in behind each of my post and telling op to be weary or not follow my instructions is rude. Sorry but I am not one to sit by and allow people to bash me.

Just because I am new to this forum, does not mean that I am new to computers. :)

Evan Omo likes this.
  8. 2015/03/08
    BobbyScot

Thank you again for excellent advice. MES has now been uninstalled and replaced with 360 Total Security as suggested. It appears to be friendly enough Anti virus programme but leaves a bit of guess work as to its workings. I presume that it updates automatically on a regular basis. Thanks Bobby.

9. 2015/03/08
    Malnutrition

Yes, the software does update automatically, I would suggest that you now run a full virus scan with the program. When you are done, do not report your findings here, please let Broni know if anything was found when you post your logs in the security area. :) I really think you should get that checkup.

10. 2015/03/08
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Broni has you run his set scans. Bobby just follow the instructions on the Malware and Virus Removal Forum. Bobby please do not use any paid versions of the scans that broni asks you to run. Let him know if you are having problems accessing the free versions and he will walk through the procedure to get them. Good Luck.

Last edited: 2015/03/08
  11. 2015/03/08
    BobbyScot

I made up the three files requested by Broni, but can not send as the method that you suggested "Attach files- manage attachment" is not shown in the Malware section. Is there a reason? Thanks Bobby.

12. 2015/03/08

I can get it to show but I can't post in order to test it because only Arie, Forum Moderators, and members who need Malware and Virus removal assistance can post.

13. 2015/03/08
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

We ask that you copy/paste the contends, not attach them. Please follow Broni's advise.

14. 2015/03/08
    BobbyScot

yes, I fully understand but the "Paste" is "Greyed out" making it impossible to carry out what Broni requires. At another Thread attachment is available, and I was able to send files to Malutration.

15. 2015/03/09
    BobbyScot

Malnutrition, I am taking this opportunity to tell you, that now using 360 and other software you mentioned, has improved running of computer as it should be and now much faster. My sincere thanks for all your help, appreciated. Bobby.
    Broni suggests as a possible Antivirus software "MES ".

16. 2015/03/09

Broni suggested trying a different browser(example FireFox etc). To see if you can copy and paste from a browser other than IE.

Last edited: 2015/03/09
  17. 2015/03/09
    BobbyScot

I tried Firefox with another topic and it did not work. I certainly do not like Firefox as it seem to interfere with other software installed. At present the computer is working working fine. Thanks Bobby.

18. 2015/03/09

Good to hear. Glad it's fixed. I don't care for fire fox either but tried it last year and went back to IE

19. 2015/03/09
    Malnutrition

Glad all is well, if you figure out how to use pastebin or get broni the logs you should still run a checkup if you can ever get to it. :)

20. 2015/03/09
    BobbyScot

I have the three files Broni asks for, not for the trying, just unable to send them with the usual method. Computer for some reason or other, just refuse to recognise copy/paste features. I was reading a past Topic Review with Broni, then he suggested a software called RogueKiller, again this caused trouble to download as Free. However today, tried again and was successful in downloading, and installed/run. It certainly appears to work well, but it says to only delete what is not needed. My problem is, what to delete. If you have used this software? what is your views on this? Thanks Bobby.

21. 2015/03/09
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Please, it is no use asking here. Work with Broni, he will advise you what to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.