1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Printing a large PDF file

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vicki, 2021/09/05.

1. 2021/09/05
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My husband purchased an owners manual on-line as a pdf file. I would love to have this manual professionally printed and put in a spiral bound booklet form, to give him as a gift. (It's a rather large file/book, with 720 pages!)
    He does currently use the computer to look at what he needs from that pdf file, but running back and forth from the house to the garage can be a challenge to remember what he read!lol
    Does anyone know where this could be done professionally and if you have done it, what I might be looking at cost-wise? Thanks!

2. 2021/09/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Vicki, Where I am in NZ, we have a Nationwide firm called Warehouse Stationery who do printing for consumers and photo copying etc.
    Personally when I need info from a large File (like a Manual), I use my printer and selectively print out the pages I need for the job.
    This saves me from moving backwards and forwards between my comp and the job.
    I dare say the info could be pulled up on a smart phone and used in that manner.
    There must be printing firms in your home area who undertake one off printing jobs but I can't help beyond what I have suggested.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2021/09/06
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

I used a local Fedex Store for a lot of my needs.... I could walk up to one of their machines and scan my credit card and scan/print/copy/fax etc.... It wasn't cheap.... Seems like I was paying about 50 cents a page..

You could price shop for these types of services... Check out Office Depot etc.

You can also do your own three hole punch AND OR have the printing shop use three whole paper up front...

5. 2021/09/07
    Vicki

Vicki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions. My hubby has learned now (with my assistance) on how to print out single pages as he needs them which definitely helps save him some steps! I think there is a local printing company here in our small town and I will give them a call and see if this is something they can do.

6. 2021/09/07
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Nice to see you've been able to utilize your printer. :D
    As I said in my Post #2, I have found that 2,3 or4 pages is generally what you need for the job and you can put them in folder for future use.
    Like Steve said ---- get a quote from printers first as their costs have gone up recently.;)