1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

(Possibly) Stupid Excel question...?

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by stelliger, 2016/03/24.

1. 2016/03/24
    stelliger

stelliger Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have used Excel in various versions for quite a few years. Always one of the staples was the ability to cut or copy entire rows in one sheet, then insert the rows into the new sheet without overwriting data.

To wit, after selecting entire rows, any number, from one file, I would go to the new, right-click and select "insert copied cells ", and the rows would get shifted down, no problems.

In Excel 2013, however, this no longer seems to work. It gives me the "can't paste... because they are not the same size" error dialog.

I looked around for any "paste special" options to allow shifting rows in this manner, but could not find any.

Why the change? What is different in 2013 causing this basic feature to no longer function?

This may be a "stupid" question, since I have not gotten around to trying this feature in a '13 version of Office, yet, but, then, it always worked before and it's one of the staples of Excel functionality so it's important to know how to accomplish this without a large # of steps.

2. 2016/03/25
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.